Inflammation in the body can be the root cause of many aches and pains that people experience on a daily basis. When the immune system is triggered by a foreign body, such as a microbe, plant pollen, or a chemical, the action it takes to protect itself can trigger inflammation. This can be a good thing when it comes to getting foreign substances out of the body.
While occasional inflammation is a health protector, persistent inflammation is can be a health destroyer. Not only does chronic inflammation make people feel miserable, but it can also lead to major diseases such as diabetes, cancer, heart disease, and depression if left untreated.
Natural Remedies To Reduce Inflammation Can Be Found In Food
Some of the most potent natural remedies to reduce inflammation can be found in the grocery store. Eating a diet rich in foods that have an anti-inflammatory effect on the body can ease joint and muscle pain and reduce swelling.
Fill a plate with the following 10 foods to regulate the system and make life a little less painful.
• Fish. Looks for fatty varieties that are highest in omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon, snapper, tuna, cod, mackerel, and halibut.
• Cherries. One of the sweetest natural remedies to reduce inflammation, cherries can also reduce stiffness and restore physical function.
• Nuts. Both almonds and walnuts have been known to fight inflammation. Being high in omega-3 fatty acids make them the perfect healthy snack. Sunflower seeds can provide the same benefits.
• Garlic. It might create some pungent breath, but the power that garlic packs is worth making a stink over. High in antioxidants, it is a natural way to reduce swelling in the joints.
• Green Tea. An amazing health booster, it’s a natural anti-inflammatory that puts up a fight in the body. Bonus: It can also reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
• Onions. Just like their garlicky cousin, they are full of antioxidants that fight inflammation. They can also reduce the risk of heart disease and lower cholesterol levels.
• Leafy Greens. Leafy green vegetables like spinach, kale, and collards, and more are full of vitamin K, calcium, and magnesium that cleanse the body and reduce inflammation.
• Avocado. High in vitamin E and monounsaturated fats, its anti-inflammatory properties can reduce the risk of joint damage.
• Turmeric. A great spice for cooking, turmeric is also a natural anti-inflammatory that reduces pain.
When people use natural remedies to reduce inflammation, they take the first step toward reducing the risk of future illness. A topical pain relieving cream such as Noxicare can penetrate deep to reduce inflammation on the spot. It might not cure the source of the pain, but it can reduce inflammation to make life more tolerable. Be Smart. Go Natural.