When people think of pain relief, they often think of NSAIDs (Advil, Aleve) or acetaminophen (Tylenol). Sometimes, even prescription painkillers come to mind, such as muscle relaxers and narcotics. While these medications all have their own place in treating pain, they can all come with a range of side effects. Some are mild, such as constipation, while others can be as severe as a drug addiction.
For these reasons, more and more people are seeking natural ways to relieve their pain and discomfort. Here are five ways that you can relieve pain without taking medications.
- Lavender Essential Oil. When it comes to natural pain killers herbs have been used in traditional treatments for centuries. Lavender has been known to ease anxiety, aid in sleep, and reduce migraine headache pain. Simply inhale right from the bottle for full effect.
- Your Own Endorphins. Lurking inside your body is a natural pain reliever that you can activate on your own. Endorphins work by binding to the opioid receptors in your brain to block the perception of pain. Any type of activity that gets your blood pumping will release endorphins.
- A Warm Soak. Whether you take a nice long bath in the
bathtub,or a nice long soak in a hot tub, warm water can ease many types of muscle pain and arthritis. This can also help warm up muscles before stretching and exercise.
- Meditation and Yoga. Yoga can help manage back pain, as it includes many stretching techniques. It also incorporates relaxation methods that can reduce stress and anxiety. Meditation can help improve pain symptoms through concentration and clearing the mind.
- Herbs and Spices. If you’re looking for natural pain killers herbs and spices have been used in eastern medicine since the days of the pharaohs. Especially helpful in reducing pain and inflammation are ginger and turmeric. Both can be found in supplement form or in pain-relieving creams.
Noxicare contains both ginger and turmeric, as well as a host of other natural ingredients. When you’re looking for pain relief, naturally, it can bring you the comfort you seek without prescription medications. Be Smart. Go Natural.