If you have diabetes, you have a risk of developing diabetic peripheral neuropathy. This is a condition that causes nerve damage in people who have had high blood sugar levels for a long period of time.
Between 60 and 70 percent of diabetics have some form of neuropathy, but some may not show any symptoms. Others have symptoms that can vary in intensity from mild to debilitating. And some experience symptoms, but don’t yet know that they have diabetes.
If you experience any of these symptoms, speak to your healthcare provider to take the proper steps toward diagnosis and treatment.
- Numbness. Most often affecting the feet and hands, you might not be able to feel sensation in your feet while walking. Or, you might have tingling in your feet or hands. It may feel as if you’re wearing a glove or a sock when you are not.
- Shooting pain. You may experience sudden, sharp pains that almost feel like an electrical shock. Cramping can also occur when you grasp an object, like a pen or a coffee mug.
- Unexplained wounds. You might notice sores or blisters on your feet that you can’t remember acquiring. Nerve damage can limit your pain response, which can be dangerous as untended wounds can cause a deep infection.
- Sensitivity to hot and cold. Your hands and feet may feel burning hot or icy cold for no reason. You might pick up a warm cup of coffee and feel as though it’s scalding. If someone with cold hands touches you, the sensation can be painful.
- Loss of balance. Most commonly, muscle weakness can affect your ankles, which can lead to a loss of balance. Numbness in the feet can contribute as well.
- Foot deformity. The shifts in weight caused by walking abnormally, combined with
lossof nerve function, can affect your muscles and cause deformation. A common deformity is hammertoe, which can happen when toes become misshapen at the joints.
Try Natural Nerve Pain Relievers
The discomfort that comes with peripheral neuropathy can disrupt your sleep, affect your mood, and lower your quality of life. In addition to your doctor’s recommended treatment plan, natural nerve pain relievers can help ease your discomfort.
Ingredients such as turmeric and ginger have been shown to reduce inflammation and soothe aching muscles, nerves, and joints. If you suffer from symptoms of neuropathy, Noxicare can help. Don’t let pain get in your way today. Be Smart. Go Natural.